Are you confident in your editing and leadership skills and want to be a part of the production on Winthrop’s monthly multicultural newspaper, The Roddey McMillan Record? Apply now for our position of Editor-in-Chief for the 2018-19 school year!
As EIC, you will be in charge of the publication and your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- The EIC is the head of the paper. It is their job to approve all content that goes into The RMR and online. This is the person that people think of when they think of The RMR; they are the face of the paper. They set the tone for the success of the paper each year.
- The EIC is in charge of sending the final pages to press on deadline night and checking each page individually to ensure that it is done right before it is printed.
- The EIC will conduct weekly meetings with the section editors and staff to discuss events, upcoming issues, story ideas, budgets, etc.
- The EIC will meet with the graduate assistant once a week to go over any changes or issues that the staff is having.
- The EIC will manage the staff and section editors to ensure that the paper is created truthfully and ethically with all of the correct information.
- The EIC will work closely with the managing editor, keeping in constant contact and making the managing editor aware of anything that needs to be made known between the two.
- The EIC will manage The RMR website, uploading stories from the print issue and uploading weekly stories written by the staff writers.
- The EIC will respond quickly to any emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding questions about the next issue, questions from potential staff members or current staff members, interviews, problems with the current issue, etc.
The deadline for applications is February 25, 2018, so get your applications in ASAP!